WBM Smart Privacy & Security Policy
WBM Smart, its affiliates, subsidiaries and divisions (collectively, “we” or “us”) understand the importance of your privacy and take it very seriously. This privacy statement is designed to show our commitment towards adhering federal and state privacy laws, industry best practices and guidelines. It will also describe how we collect, receive, use, store, share, transfer or process the information that we hold about you when you use our (i)website, (ii) WBM Smart products, IoT platform or services.
Information We May Collect From You.
⇒ Information You Voluntarily Provide Us
⇒ Passive Information Collection
There is certain information that we may collect about you automatically this may include but not limited to the information about the way you use our platform and services.
- Your device information is collected when you interact with our platform through hardware. Our system automatically collects unique device ID numbers, the Mac address, IP address, wireless connection information, operating system version, types of mobile network information.
- With every session where you connect with our platform, we also automatically collect information about your visit, clicks, downloads, messages, sent/received and other usages of our sites and services.
- We may also collect the information about your geolocation and from where you are interacting with our sites and services through your devices.
- Any other (smart) devices that are built with the user interface depending upon their capability, we may collect the information on their usage of our platform.
Whenever you visit our website, connect with our IoT platform or use our products or services in any other ways, we including our service providers may use different types of cooking that include session, persistent, web beacons, clear gifs, session IDs, and other tracking technologies. The purpose of these cookies is only to get more information about our interaction with you and serve you in better way. You, however, may opt now to allow cookies by disabling it directly or indirectly. Whenever you visit our website, a message will appear on the web page where you will be given a choice to not to allow most of these cookies. However, by disabling it some of the features on our website/platform may not work properly.
⇒ Why Do We Need to Collect Information About You ?
The purpose of voluntary or automatic data collection about you is discussed as follows.
- We need your personal information in order to provide you our services. The account information, profile data, device information, usage data, geo-location information or smart device-related information provide us a legal basis to provide you our services without any problems.
- We may also need your information help to improve our services for example device information, usage patterns, location, and smart device data through analysis, help us improve our services.
- By processing your personal data, we create and manage your accounts. It also helps us provide your unique identification information so we can serve you as per your requirements.
- We may also need your information to fulfill your support request, answer your inquiries and help you get most of your subscription with us.
- We may also require this information to communicate an important message to you related to our platform and services.
- We may also use the collected data for the purpose of marketing about our products and informing you more about it, however you may always opt out of any such communications by contacting us through our email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Although we don’t share your data with third party unless it is part of our contract or provide you with services you require, we, however, provide any such information to comply with local laws.
- (a) This may include but not limited providing information on the request of law enforcement agencies.
- (b) to respond to a request of public or government authority
- (c) to protect the interests of our business including systems
- (d) to protect the rights of communities
- (e) to limit the damages that we may sustain due to any reason.
⇒ Disclosure of the Information
We may use the information collected through our interaction with you to send you (a) notifications and messages (b) to operate services described on our website (c) to communicate information to u (d) display advertisements to targeted audience (e) to our partners or other customers to help you serve better (f) third party service providers to perform certain business-related functions. (g) With data analytics services to improve our business functions and performance. (h) To enforce our legal terms and conditions (i) to legal, law, government authorities in case they require it.
⇒ Transfer of the Collected Information
We may transfer, store or process information including your personal data in geographical locations other than where you live. The purpose of any such act may to facilitate our operations that can part of our business strategies. However applicable laws in those countries may be different than your location hence we may need to adhere law of the land where the data is stored. However, we fully comply with data protection laws as defined by international and local bodies including EU`s GDRP law.
⇒ Your Rights About How We Use your Personal Information
We don’t collect any information that may personally identifiable about your either voluntarily or automatically. If we believe anywhere any such information exists throughout our platforms and wish to delete it from our records, please get in touch with us by writing an email to us at email@example.com. Where ever it is possible to delete your personal information or your records we will do so on your request.
⇒ Data Security ( How We Protect your Information ? )
Your privacy is very important to us, therefore we work hard to keep your information safe and secure. In order to do so , we use both technical and procedural measures regularly. We also use conduct IT audits, encryptions and access limitations to secure your data. However, you should bear in mind that no information transmission on the internet is completely secure, we may take measures on our end but there are still incidents and problems beyond our control. In case any issue arises, we will inform you immediately.
⇒ Data Retention ( How Long We your Information with Us ? )
We keep your personal information as long as it is necessary for us to serve you better. We may still keep information while you are no more using our services. Therefore, if you feel , we should not anymore keep your information, you should get in touch with us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
⇒ Providing your information to Third Party
⇒ Compliance under EU GDPR Act
Under this section, we have provided information on our compliance to EU GDPR act. It is applicable to all users, specifically; users located in the European Union or any other jurisdiction in which the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) or any laws or regulation associated with it are applicable. This compliance should assure our clients throughout the EU that their use of services is protected under the GDPR act so they can assured about protection of their rights as required by law.
Under EU GDPR act, the collection, processing or the information that we collect about you or you provide to us through any interaction channels is protected with following rights that you have about it.
⇒ Right of Access
With this act, you have right to have access the information that we may have stored about you. Therefore you can request us to provide you a copy of your personal along with other details that we have collected and stored about you.
⇒ Right of Rectification
In case you notice that the data that we hold about you is due to any reason is incomplete or incorrect, you have the right to request for rectification.
⇒ Right of Erase
We may keep your data until we feel, it is required to serve you better however, if you want us to erase this data, we may do so on your request. This may also include delete all data, or specific information
⇒ Right to Restrict Processing
You may request us to restrict processing or block the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances like where you have issues with accuracy or protection of the data due to any reason.
⇒ Right of Data Portability
You also have the right to obtain the personal data we process about you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and reuse it anywhere else you want. We will provide you this data in CSV format within 3 working days of written request received.
⇒ Right to Object
You have the right to object that entitle you to any time stop processing your personal data and we will do so on your request.
You may also request on to provide your data to the third party or use it for the direct marketing purposes.
Any request to exercise your rights under GDPR should be directed to email@example.com .
We will not react to any request unless it is provided in written.
⇒ Getting In Touch With Us